Friday, March 21, 2008

Top 5 - Reds at Pirates

I remember one of the first games I came to down here in Bradenton, Ken Griffey Jr. was in his prime. Well, he was in the middle of his injury bug but he was still young. I remember him hitting two homers in the first two at bats I saw from him that year. I want to say he hit three homers, but I think that may just be my imagination getting carried away after all these years. Anyway, it was an impressive display and a rarity on a spring game to see multiple home runs. I was in the stands that day, and the place was abuzz. It still buzzes when he step to the plate after all these years. He just doubled down the line and came around to score with Corey Patterson on a double from by Brandon Phillips.
Just announced a sellout here at the yard today. That's 5,805 people if you are keeping track at home. McKechnie is still smaller than most parks down here, so even a sellout is a smaller number than you might expect.
Bay lost a fly ball from Encarnacion in the sun, and Phillips scored the Reds fifth run of the day. It was ruled a base hit because it was clear Bay never really had a good idea where the ball was. Votto grounded out to end the rally.

Reds 5, Pirates 0

No comments: