Friday, March 28, 2008

Pirates-Twins lineups

Howdy, I'm Mike Henry and I'm conflicted.
I'm blogging from the Pirates-Twins game at Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers, it's my first trip here and the place has a charm and ambience that's a far cry from the circus-like surroundings of Legends -- er, George M. Steinbrenner -- Field in Tampa.
It's going to be a good time.
Yet part of me is at Al Lang Stadium in St. Petersburg, where the Rays are playing their final game before heading down to Charlotte County next spring.
Like a lot of fans who grew up in St. Petersburg, I've got a history at Al Lang. Heck, I'm the guy who got them to let in Bill Murray so Saturday Night Live could tape the Chico Escuela ("Baseball been berry, berry good to me") skit.
More on that later.
So if I wax nostalgic, hopefully you'll be understanding. Maybe we can even meet for lunch.
Here are today's starting lineups:
Pirates
Nyjer Morgan, LF
Luis Rivas, SS
Nate McLouth, CF
Ryan Doumit, DH
Jose Bautista, 3B
Ronny Paulino, C
Doug Mientkiewicz, 1B
Chris Gomez, 2B
Jonel Pacheco, RF
Phil Dumatrait, P

And for the Twins:
Carlos Gomez, CF
Joe Mauer, C
Michael Cuddyer, RF
Justin Morneau, 1B
Delmon Young, LF
Craig Monroe, DH
Mike Lamb, 3B
Brendan Harris, 2B
Adam Everett, SS
Francisco Liriano, P

Unfortunately, this public-address announcer is the second-loudest I've ever heard, obliterating the peaceful surroundings. Maybe he'll lower the volume as we move ahead.
The Pirates are 12-16, the Twins 14-13.
"YOUR MINNESOTA TWINS1" Now, raise the decibels to the roof and you still won't appreciate it. Oh well, here we go.

No comments: