Saturday, March 29, 2008

Top of the 7th

Matt Capps - wow, a name I recognize! - has come on to relieve Morris.

When I interviewed with The Bradenton Herald in the summer of 2003, I did a feature on Capps, then with the GCL, for my test story.

Last month, I interviewed again for a feature I wrote. The best part? He still sounded like the same down-to-earth guy, as if the major league success hadn't gone to his head. I hope he stays that way.

Wow - there are a LOT of Twins fans here. Jon Knott hits a roller down the third-base line that stays for and goes for an infield single, and the place erupts. Who knew?

Brock Peterson reaches when centerfield Edwin Garcia drops a fly ball, and the Twins take a 4-2 lead. Capps' day is done. On comes Kyle Pearson.

Juan Portas singles, and it's 5-2 Twins. Meanwhile, the beer vendor announces last call for the spring.

Punto pops out, and we head to the stretch with the Twins ahead.

No comments: