Friday, March 28, 2008

Pirates-Twins, top of third

Of course, Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty starred in moviedom's "Splendor in the Grass." I choke up when her father tells her Bud is living on the farm with his wife near the end of the flick.
Luis Rivas beat out an infield single, but when the throw got away down the right-field line, he was thrown out at third by a wide margin. Those kind of risks won't fly in the regular season.
I've spent a lot of time around the Pirates this spring, done a lot of interviews. Written stories, tried to learn one-tenth as much as the team's beat writers.
In short, I've been real busy.
But next week, it's back to work.

1 comment:

Billy Blanks said...

"Splendor in the Grass"!?!?!?

I mean, Beatty was the man in "Dick Tracy" and all, but c'mon.

How about "Expect No Mercy" or "Tough and Deadly"?

Now that was some good American cinema. I should know.