Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pirates-Yankees, top of fifth

I believe you're either a Field of Dreams person or an Eight Men Out person.
Both are great baseball movies, but for me, once you've seen that cornfield scene, it's not necessary to revisit it every time it's on cable.
Duncan just robbed Adam LaRoche with a diving catch in right field.
Eight Men Out, I love the intrigue and the way the storyline is woven to depict the 1919 Black Sox fix. To me, its realism and film-noir approach capture the era, and John Cusack and D.B. Sweeney are excellent as Buck Weaver and Shoeless Joe.
Yeah, that's the baseball movie for me. That and Pride of the Yankees and The Winning Team.
Ryan Doumit keeps the inning alive with a two-out double. Karstens appears to have pulled a muscle on a pitch to Xavier Nady and is leaving the game, so there will be a delay while Scott Patterson warms up.

No comments: