Monday, March 24, 2008

Top of the 8th

Games like this make blogging tough.

The baseball is bad. The buzz - and a large chunk of the fans - are elsewhere. And I'm bored.

This is when I don't like spring baseball. It's not as if this is a 13-2 game that has playoff ramifications. No, it's just a sandlot game that has turned ugly - only, if it was a sandlot game, we'd pack it in and go home.

But I shouldn't complain too much - covering this stuff beats working for a living. So a guess a day of pukey baseball beats a good day of office work. Unless you work in an office with Eliza Dushku. That would beat this.

Well, the Pirates are having some fun off Rays reliever Scott Dohmann, as Chris Gomez singles in two runs - though the scoreboard only shows one run. I guess they're board in there, too.

Now it's been fixed. Good. I was worried. Really.

Kevin Thompson flies out. Rays lead 13-4.

No comments: