Friday, March 28, 2008

Pirates-Twins, bottom of fifth

Do race horses enjoy being sent to stud at 3 and 4-years-old and being bred to upward of 100 mares? Or are they ticked off at being retired in their primes and not being able to compete?
Something commercial breeders need to examine, I think.
The Twins have two singles, and they're both bloops. Mike Lamb led off the fifth with a shallow fly to center that dropped in off new pitcher John Grabow.
A walk to Brendan Harris, and Grabow is in a bit of a jam facing No. 9 hitter Adam Everett.
A line-drive single to third, and we're tied 1-1. But Carlos Gomez pops out foul to catcher Ronny Paulino and Joe Mauer grounds out.

1 comment:

Billy Blanks said...

This reminds me of a question one of my Tae Bo students asked me once: Do I enjoy kicking the living snot out of people with my sweet martial arts?

I told little Ricky, "No." Then I gave a roundhouse kick upside the head. That taught him to not to talk out of turn.