Friday, March 21, 2008

Top 4 - Reds at Pirates

Adam Dunn, who I believe they call "The Big Donkey" leads off the fourth for the Reds. I covered him in Dayton back in the day when the Dayton Dragons first started playing in the Fifth-Third Back Field. Now, he's an established star. He was always very large.
A former colleague of mine from my Dayton Daily News days is in the press box today. Kyle Nagel is here to sub for Hal McCoy for a few days. I knew Hal was down here, but it was nice and unexpected to see Kyle for the first time since June of 2000.
While I blogged about the old day, the Reds put runners (Dunn and Votto) in second and third with one down. Valentin grounded to SS to score Dunn and put the Reds up by two. Aaron Harang grounded out to LaRoche to end the half inning.

Reds 2, Pirates 0

No comments: