Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lamenting Al Lang

This is only my third trip to Al Lang Field. But I'm going to miss this place.

I am sitting in the overflow press area, located just outside the press box and right above the bleachers. Despite the gray weather, you can't beat this view. I can see the whole field, plus I get a great view of the water, as well as some of downtown St. Petersburg.

You really feel like you're in Florida when you are at Al Lang, especially when you glance to the left and see palm trees peppered all along the docks. And there isn't a bad seat here. Really. Most of them are under cover - which will come in handy today - and no matter where you are, you feel as if you are on top of the game.

Yeah, I'm gonna miss Al Lang Field. It deserves a better fate.

No comments: