Friday, March 21, 2008

Bottom 8- Reds at Pirates

Just got back from the clubhouse where all eyes were on March Madness. I then was walking around the fan areas working on a story when I saw the Bright House had a tent set up with the NCAA games playing on a plasma screen TV. Several fans had gathered to watch the end of the Western Kentucky vs. Drake game. Of course, I moved on before I had a chance to watch what I hear was a last-second buzzer-beater. Drake losing hurts my bracket. I know they aren't a household name and that's why I thought I could fool some people by picking them in at least one of brackets to go far.
Veteran David Weathers has taken the mound for the Reds. After retiring first two quickly, he has loaded the bases for Doug Mientkiewicz. Doug finishes off the inning by grounding to second for a force out.

Reds 5, Pirates 1

No comments: