Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Walloped

Technical snafus have made tonight less than exhilarating for me, while mound snafus have given the Pirates the same feeling.

The Yankees lead the Buccos 8-1 in the sixth inning thanks mostly to New York's six-run third inning, when the Bombers chased Virgil Vasquez. Two runs came on Hideki Matsui's home run, which landed somewhere near Babe Ruth's monument at the New Yankee Stadium - yes, I am capitalizing new because it is NOT Yankee Stadium. Yankee Stadium is no more.

The Pirates have just one hit through six innings and looked overmatched against Yankee starter CC Sabathia.

Thanks to night baseball, I just may sleep at McKechnie Field's press box tonight when I return to Bradenton - then again, I hope this game is over before Wednesday's first pitch.

No comments: